August 16, 2009

Cabochons and other musings






So, a friend of mine comes here to check out my new blog. He had read the posts of how I went to the class to learn some new skills. He says, what is that, the cabochon, that you were talking about. I guess we all sometimes forget that every area has it's own vocabulary. Well I looked up the definition in different places, and the one I chose is this: a gem or bead with a smooth curved surface, highly polished but not faceted. So, now maybe there are others out there who wanted to ask the same question, and can now rest easy to know the answer.

I did a pair of stamped sterling silver earrings this past week, and thought I'd pop them on here. There is actually one small extra stamp on one of them. I guess I'll discount them slightly for that (but no one would notice it), so let me know if you are interested in them:-) They are a little over 3 inches but I really like the shape, and have some like it myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment